Sample letter of agreement
[Bride’s Name] [Groom’s Name] [Address] [Phone Number] [Email Address]
Dear [Bride and Groom]
SAMPLE LETTER OF AGREEMENT
This letter follows our meeting on [Month, Day, Year], during which we discussed your wedding and my professional role in helping you plan it.
It is my understanding that, you will retain me as a Professional Wedding Consultant and Wedding Day Coordinator for your wedding scheduled on [Wedding Date].
Description of Services
As a consultant my role includes:
- − [# of] consultations with you via telephone/email
- − Assistance in budget determination and breakdown as needed
- − Discussion of theme, color, style and complete wedding design
- − Research of wedding professionals in each category that fit your event style and budget and to provide you
with suggestions and guidance in making the final selections
- − Attendance at [# of] vendor appointments of your choice
- − Up to [# of] hours of professional in-person consultation time throughout the planning process
As Wedding Day Coordinator my duties include:
- − Visit to both ceremony and reception sites prior to wedding
- − Development of a detailed wedding timeline and floor plan for contracted vendors and bridal party
- − Follow up telephone calls to all contracted vendors 1 – 2 weeks before wedding day
- − Wedding Rehearsal Supervision ([#of] hours maximum)
- − On-site coordination and supervision at the ceremony site and during the reception for up to [# of] hours on
the day of your wedding
- − An additional event manager, on site, the day of the wedding
Please note that the services listed above do not include running any wedding related errands such as picking up or delivering attire, supplies or equipment, documents, etc.
As the client, you will rely on me to work as many hours as may be reasonably necessary to fulfill my obligations under this agreement.
- − I understand that my role will be that of advisor and coordinator. You will make the actual selections of service providers and I will implement those selections.
- − You will make payments directly to the service providers/vendors and not to me. I do not accept any commissions from recommended vendors and cannot guarantee any service provider’s performance or product. If litigation occurs, it occurs in the jurisdiction where my office is located and the winning party will be reimbursed for attorney and legal fees and court costs.
- − It is your responsibility to provide me with contact names, telephone numbers and any scheduled timetables for all service providers involved in the wedding ceremony/reception no later than 14 days prior to the wedding or upon the signing of this letter.
- − It is also your responsibility to notify me of any changes in a timely manner. I shall not be held liable for any changes made by you or your selected service providers.
- − I will use my professional judgment when taking action in regard to changes, weather, tardiness, non- performance, etc. based on the situation, time limitations and/or your wishes.
- − In the event a venue coordinator is on site I will work with you and the coordinator as needed. Fees & Payment Schedule
For my services you will pay me a total of $_________. Payment will be made as follows:
A non-refundable retainer in the amount of $________ - upon signature of this letter of agreement $________ due on _______________ (Date)
$________ due on ________________ (Date) (ten days prior to your wedding date)
This agreement will terminate automatically upon completion of the services required by this letter of agreement.
Any changes made to this letter of agreement must be made in writing and signed by all parties. You may cancel this agreement, in writing, for any reason. If the wedding is canceled, refunds are limited to unearned fees, funds in excess of unused or non-refundable fees and out-of-pocket expenses. If you cancel less than [#] days before the wedding – except for the death of a member of your immediate family – there will be no refund. If the wedding is not canceled, there will be no refund.
Acts of God
If an act of God, such as a fire, flood, earthquake or other natural calamity shall cause you to cancel your wedding; I will require payment only for the time actually spent planning your wedding.
If your understanding parallels mine, please sign one copy of this letter and return it to me along with your payment in the amount of $__________.
I wish you all the happiness in the world and look forward to working with you to make your wedding the most enjoyable and memorable day of your life.
__________________________________ Wedding Planner’s signature
Bride’s signature ________________________________________ Groom’s signature ________________________________________ Date: ___________________________